Thursday, October 25, 2007

Cover Your Eyes

Oh my dear friends, you are in for a treat today.

Last night, Brandon was demolishing the walls and ceiling in the bathroom. He was pulling the piece of drywall away from the ceiling and had a discovery. He called me upstairs. Laying on the drywall was what looked like newspaper.

"Oh, is that an old newspaper??" I asked. "Is this like their time capsule? Ha ha."

It was not. It was a Sep. 1988 issue of PlayGirl magazine, with Geraldo Rivera on the cover. Insert gasp with hands over my mouth, shock and hysterical laughter. Next to the dirty mag was an empty Skoal container. Hmm....We're beginning to realize that the Playgirl was not put there by a woman. GEEZ. So in turn, makes us realize that the incompetent jackass that built on the addition in the attic was not only totally terrible at remodeling, but also secretly gay. Love it. And I kept asking, "Why would it be there???" I mean, it was just sitting on top of the drywall, like, "Aw, shucks, I better keep this habit a secret, so I will entomb it in the ceiling, never to be seen again." Little did he know.....I think we'll keep it in a vault, or frame it, to be recorded in the history of this wierd house.


8 comments:

Christine said...

THAT IS HILLARIOUS!!!!!!!!!! Who knew that Geraldo was on Play Girl??? HOw old was it??? How funny!

CaraDee said...

Sep. 1988. But it's only an interview with him, though he is wearing shorts and pumping iron, I think he had on a sweat headband. Oh, and he has a tiny tiny little anchor tattooed on his bicep. Wussy. Oh, and Kevin Zorbo was also in it.

Sara Jean said...

Oh my sickness!!!!!

Robere said...

since when can women not chew the chaw?

Sara Jean said...

Way too funny, Cara.

CaraDee said...

You know, women can chew the chaw....it's just, chaw, playgirl and construction....if it is a woman, then I'll have to assume she's gay. I can't explain it.

Sally said...

Um, I want that when you're done with it. I thought that kind of thing only happened in The New Era or Friend, and then the little kid took it to their mom and their mom boiled their brain to get out all the "eye candy." But seriously, send that our way.

Sally said...

And on another note, I love the color in your living room--the gorgeous grey. Would you mind sharing its name so I can redo our bedroom? It needs an update and it looks like you picked the perfect grey. That's hard to do. I'm impressed.