Thursday, November 15, 2007

Happy Anniversary!! (2 Days Ago)

Brandon and I met in the dressing room at The Gap. I was working there at the time, and he wanted to talk to me, so he asked me if the khakis he was trying on would shrink...

"From a 1/4 -1/2 inch," I said.

And we talked for 15 minutes and I got his phone number. Here we are 8 1/2 years later.

The day of our anniversary (Tuesday), I called him around lunchtime to ask him what kind of printer/scanner/copier I should buy (cause I wanted to scan these photos). He kept trying to stall me, finally giving up and telling me that he had already bought me one at lunch for our anniversary. We have great timing like that all the time. I was glad to ruin his surprise for me, since any time that I try to surprise him, he does the same. My gift to him was a Magic 8 Ball. Ha. He had actually called a babysitter and took me to Biaggi's at the Gateway, the best Italian restaurant ever. Thanks Babe!

Our Engagement Photo
Our Wedding Day


On the way to the reception at my parents' house,
we stopped at McDonald's for some cheeseburgers.
So romantic. We ate them in the kitchen before it started.
Now that's a way to start a marriage!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

And having seen past photos over the last few days, I must say that you are more beautiful every year.

Tiana said...

Wahoo for anniversaries. Sending you love from Texas.

Liz said...

Ok that is so sweet (the husband comment). I do have to admit though you are so photogenic(sp). YOu are also beautiful in person though.

Brenda said...

You look like babies! Loved the husband comment. I eat up crap like that...Happy Anniversary!

Sally said...

You look like Hilary Swank.
And I used to think Tina Fey. Hey, do that celebrity look alike thing and see who you get! I'll bet those two show up.

Ang said...

John was reading your blog last night. He read the title Happy Anniversary and then that you met in the dressing room....he was like whoa, where is this going?! He thought you were sharing how you celebrated this year:)

Jen Carpenter said...

Cara,

I hope the scanner was for doing your Heritage Makers books!!! Congrats on your anniversary, you are a doll!

Jen Carpenter

emilymomto3boys said...

Happy Anniversary! Too funny about the cheeseburgers - My husband and I's first date was at McDonalds in college!