Monday, April 28, 2008

This is Purse-onal. ha...Get it?

So a couple of my froggers, or BBFs have posted pics of the inside of their purses. I thought, "What fun". And then I opened mine up. Let me preface this fiasco with the purse I transferred to is much bigger, and has fabulous pouches and slots and stuff to hold and organize the stuff I have in it now. It's not so horrendous. There, with that out of the way, here we go.

I love this bag. Slouchy and cute. But it only has one tiny zippered pocket to hold things. So it ends up as a conglomeration of Mess at the bottom.

First off, from top left, going clockwise: iPod Touch, YAY, giant wallet, checkbook, (also found an empty check register at the bottom) some adorable tissues from Old Navy, MANY batteries for my sucky camera, dental floss (I don't know why that's in there, I don't floss), a way too small extra memory card, various lipsticks and glosses and some gum. (oh, and the toothpaste, seriously, no idea) My cell, my sister's coupon book for the outlets, a couple of dollars, coupon holder, a bunch of trash (including an empanada wrapper from Taco Bell and sucker wrappers), and a bunch of credit cards, gift cards, store cards.
A newspaper from the area I used to live (got it at the Dr's office) and various papers (coupons, loan documents, craft coupons, receipts up the yin-yang)
I didn't even show you the extra napkins I keep in there. Blah. How depressing was that? But the good thing is, I did finally transfer purses and the new one has 4 pockets on the outside. One holds all my craft coupons and such, one for lipsticks, camera, receipts....it's heavenly. And I bought a small container of wipes to keep in there instead of wadded up napkins. Okay, now just picture my house like that: Paperwork everywhere, and a bunch of crap that I have put off putting away. Bleh.

5 comments:

Emalia said...

Cool idea! My aunt always used to say her purse and stuff in it was her life in a nutshell. I think it's that way for most girls. My diaperbag/purse is so full of unorganized crap it reminds me of my life sometimes ;-) oooo that was deep. anyways thanks for coming to John's party on fri. it was grest to see you guys. Kenzie already misses you. ps there is a cute pic. of you two on my blog in the 'john's graduation' slide show.

McMommy said...

I love that you did this!! The purse is great....I could so picture you carrying that purse.
And all the stuff inside is rather tame....although the empanada wrapper was unexpected. And the loan documents?? Don't you have a safer place for that than your purse?!

Omgirl said...

I'm to afraid to do something like that. My purse is such a disaster area. I need to find a new purse with lots more pockets and compartments, but they don't seem to be "in" right now. "In" is a huge, black hole of a duffle-bag purse. Worse than what I have. So until I have a reasonable place to organize things, I'm keeping my train-wreck to myself.

Christine said...

My purse ends up being the same way-but probably worse!
Hey, I think we have the same placemats-are they from Target?? Man, you have great taste! :)

emilymomto3boys said...

rotflol!

My boys tell me I need The ORganizer off tv....then they proceed to quote all it's benefits. You can find things blindfolded, it holds like 80 waterbottles, you can put it all away in 30 seconds....



BUT IT IS UGLY! THey don't seem to care about this part.......